Saturday 21 January 2012

A good place to start....


I have always enjoyed illustration. When I was younger I would constantly draw ballerinas & horses. Even at uni when studying fashion, the design process was my strongest and most enjoyable part. 
I love and am totally in awe of fashion illustrator Julie Verhoeven. Also, I'm a huge fan of Charlotte Mann who does amazing, densely scaled 1:1 drawings, using black marker pens. I'm mostly into line drawing and seriously rate Maija Louekari as well.
Working on and trying to develop my style for the last year, I kind of stumbled on an idea. I was drawing buildings and boats in my local area. Bit boring yeah? But then I thought if I took interesting and key buildings, merge them together on one street. Add some contemporary flowers/seed heads I might have something.
















No comments:

Post a Comment